North Texas Tiger Muskie Stocking

GeorgeHaddaway15

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado
IMG_0932.JPG I have a pond in Granbury, TX that's about 25 feet deep. I know full well what will happen to the fish already in there if I stock tiger muskie. The problem is, I can't find any companies that do it in Texas and I'm not sure if they will even survive the heat in Texas. I feel like they would be able to live in this pond because it's really deep. One time I dove down to about 10 feet in the heat of summer and it was pretty cold. Also, the visibility isn't great (old frack tank) so I don't know how well they would do in there. Is it possible to make the water clear using some kind of chemical? I know fish can survive in it because we have been putting fish in there for a while now and there's a decent largemouth population. We just got a good forage base stocked, although we might want some more if we get tigers!
Here's what it looks like when it's really full after a huge rain - murky and dock is not accessible. It's probably 30 feet deep in this pic.

IMG_0932.JPG

Reactions: Chefken

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
I live on a 55 acre "lake" in CT stocked with trout, several types of bass, bullheads, channel cats, crappie, blue gill, pearch and pickeral. Our lake association tests and treats the water so it can be used for drinking water and irrigation plus swimming and such....the chemicals are out there but not cheap treating millions of gallons of water.......Fish usually dont mind the cloudy water....oxygen content in summer might be an issue. In serious heat huge die offs can happen suddenly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store