Not another "I'm back thread" ;)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Hi all. Long time no see.

I currently don't have any living fish. I really miss the hobby. The last 12 years for have been really disappointing. I've had some good times but mostly low.

Failed business and too many moves to count as well as some brief homeless times. Living in a car. Now I have a place but no car...... Yup that's life lol.

I can't promise I'll be super active on here just yet but I'm lurking again.

It's great to see this site surviving and thriving.

As for me currently I'm working from home since I don't have a means of transportation. My funds are extremely limited. Don't expect me to jump back into fish until I feel comfortable doing so which might be a while.

If you know me from before you can probably guess what I've been doing. Currently I've been doing skulls and skeletons for sale. I have a beetle colony to help me out. I've started doing some commissions slowly trying to build up and rebuild my life.

I still live in Montana and I'm still very far from my Family in North Carolina. My daughter is 9 years old now.

I actually had a pet store for a few years selling reptiles, fish, and small animals. Hard times hit and I couldn't pay my bills and was forced to shut down. I now live with a friend. My only real pets are my disabled cat, several snakes, and a Savannah monitor lizard.

Fluffy the flathead catfish was alive til last year. I think moving 5x in one year took its toll on him and I found him dead one day. No apparent cause. He was my last fish left.

Anyway this is a little ng enough book for now. I've missed it hear and I look forward to poking around and hopefully getting back into fish once my life is more in order.

Cliff

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
CLIFF!

I'm sorry to hear of your hardships, but it's still damn good to hear from you my man. I'm really sorry about Fluffy. I went through similar struggles myself, I spent most of 2015 living in my car. I'm rooting for ya brother, hope you get your feet back under you.

The community is still here, and we'd be happy to have you back among us if you've got the time. :)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
CLIFF!

I'm sorry to hear of your hardships, but it's still damn good to hear from you my man. I'm really sorry about Fluffy. I went through similar struggles myself, I spent most of 2015 living in my car. I'm rooting for ya brother, hope you get your feet back under you.

The community is still here, and we'd be happy to have you back among us if you've got the time. :)
Well working from home I'll have some time. I spend most days working and/or walking packages 3 miles to the post office and back. Good to see some familiar faces also.

2015 was a rough year. Sounds like for more than just me. Hope things are going better for you now.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
It's the start of a new decade so hoping things will continue to look up for you. Having a roof over your head is a major first step, as is some form of income, transport will come next.

You sound like a persistent person despite a bad run, and anybody who walks 3 miles to a post office and back regularly certainly isn't lazy. In the end these characteristics usually pay off one way or another. Best of fortunes in 2020 and I'm sure your friends here old and new look fwd to seeing you getting some wet pets when the timing is right.

Reactions: necrocanis

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Dude, I've read your posts and hoped you would come back one day.
Hello, I am fishhead0103666 otherwise known as Brian, I am also a catfish lover. I sincerely hope that I can get to know you a bit better as time goes on and I am very hopeful you are able to stick around and have better luck with life.

Reactions: necrocanis

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Dude, I've read your posts and hoped you would come back one day.
Hello, I am fishhead0103666 otherwise known as Brian, I am also a catfish lover. I sincerely hope that I can get to know you a bit better as time goes on and I am very hopeful you are able to stick around and have better luck with life.
Thank you. I'm sure I'll be on here. It's nice to meet your. I guess I've been catfish crazy my whole life. Weather it was fishing for them or raising them.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
It's the start of a new decade so hoping things will continue to look up for you. Having a roof over your head is a major first step, as is some form of income, transport will come next.

You sound like a persistent person despite a bad run, and anybody who walks 3 miles to a post office and back regularly certainly isn't lazy. In the end these characteristics usually pay off one way or another. Best of fortunes in 2020 and I'm sure your friends here old and new look fwd to seeing you getting some wet pets when the timing is right.
Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store