Not monster but wanted to share some cool live bearers I picked up at the pvas annual fish auction

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Nice find
these type live bearers (especially Goodeids) are great dither to keep with medium sized cichlids, they hold their own, and many of these northern Mexican (or high altitude species) work well with cool water cichlids like Gymnogeophagus and Australoheros.
Most of mine also came from local club auctions.

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
Nice find
these type live bearers (especially Goodeids) are great dither to keep with medium sized cichlids, they hold their own, and many of these northern Mexican (or high altitude species) work well with cool water cichlids like Gymnogeophagus and Australoheros.

Those are nice looking. Wish I new where to grab some more

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Both of those species - and many other goodeids - enjoy a winter cool down (like Uruguayan fish). Mid-40's (F) isn't too low.

Nice find

Reactions: GamerChick5567

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I picked up a pair of those fish at the January meeting of NJAS. They are a C.A.R.E.S. fish from "Lago de Orandino". They need cooler water temperatures (mid 60s to 72F) . A bit nasty for a livebearer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store