Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Not Real Cichla Temensis (Buyers Becareful)

Discussion in 'AquaScape' started by bassinmike85, Jun 5, 2018.

1. bassinmike85

bassinmike85 Aimara

Heisenberg
      Dec 15, 2018
      2C3BFC63-D05E-4180-B5F0-93C1B0A99A1C.jpeg I been in the cichla hobby on and off for the past 10 years and have owned plenty of temensis to know that the babies that Aquascape sold me and had sent me which arrived this morning we NOT TEMENSIS. Yes i did call them. First when i ordered i was told they were wc temensis but the gentlmen i spoke with this morning said they were temensis and they were cb. 2 diffrent stories from 2 diffrent people but 1 truth is they arent real temensis. Won't due buisness with them ever again. Waiting on a call back from the owner now but we shall see the outcome. Just becareful everyone when ordering from Aquascapeonline.

Bassinmike

AquaScape and Dloks like this.
    2. Troy1015

Troy1015 Potamotrygon

TROY
      Today at 9:18 PM
      Aquascape is crap never ordered from them but have seen enough BS mislabelling and poor reviews and bad customer service to keep me away. To bad they burned you hope they rectify it.

trunglippo, AquaScape and Dloks like this.
    3. bassinmike85

bassinmike85 Aimara

Heisenberg
      Dec 15, 2018
      Update - store employee called me back to tell me that the owner says they are WC temensis for sure and if i would grow them out a bit and if they arent temensis they would give me my money back. but no ty. They are clearly not temensis and why would i put money into a fish i didnt order to grow out to prove something i already know. From everything i heared about aquascapeonline i aint the first person they have done this to. This vendor alone ruined it for me. I am only shopping at my LFS and tangledupincichlids which i never had a problem with. Shady buisness here for sure.

4. kooldude

kooldude Gambusia

Jun 7, 2018
      I have to add my 2 cents in, I recently went to aquascape while I was visiting my sister in NJ I had the pleasure of meeting this guy Mike whose in charge of mail order he was very knowledgeable and easy to talk with. I picked up a tigrenus cat a lot cheaper then my local fish stores and the quality of fish were also good. I can’t speak of the delivery but was impressed by the assortment of fish

#4 kooldude, Jun 5, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
      Deadliestviper7 and AquaScape like this.
    5. thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter Gold Tier VIP

Viktor
      Today at 8:53 PM
      Sorry to hear. It can be very upsetting.

Hmmm, never dealt with them myself either. Their stock lists are very impressive. I've heard of people having trouble with them too but IDK how prevalent this is. All vendors have someone displeased, that's for sure. But the big thing is - is it 10%, 1%, or 0.01% of their buyers??

If they sent you good pictures and you decided to buy the fish, their response could be somewhat understood. If you were not polite with them, then too their response might be warranted. But if you bought the fish based on their claimed ID (they claimed it twice as you said) and you were civil and polite with them, not refunding you your money can only be explained that

[1] in their eyes it's your word against theirs, in which case you need to obtain a couple of opinions from known and unbiased experts, or

[2] they don't care to rectify this problem.

I'd tend to think it must be [1].

AquaScape likes this.
    6. Troy1015

Troy1015 Potamotrygon

TROY
      Today at 9:18 PM
      Easy tems have a solid like all the way when that size. We have tems at my lfs not even a good lfs for 11.99 I'll try and get pics the easy have a line. From what I read alit of bad customers. Last stock list they posted I had to correctly ID a few fish for them and the person played dumb so I think it' negligent on there part. Never omce have I had a issue with discus origins, Wes, monster aqurium, and other vendors on here but read it regularly with aqua scape.

AquaScape likes this.
    7. andrew415

andrew415 Gambusia

Monday at 4:16 AM
      Hi,well not sure if this helps. But there is 2 types of tems. One that has the 3bars and the one with one bar and dotes

8. thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter Gold Tier VIP

Viktor
      Today at 8:53 PM
      Yeah, this is what I have proposed to Mike, if he wanted to continue this. If he didn't, that'd be totally understandable too. Start an ID thread, explain the reason - to challenge a vendor. Post great pics, vids. Ask ONLY experts to chime in. Present the thread to the vendor. See what happens then. If there is a consensus that these are not temensis, Aquascape will have no option but to rectify their blunder or earn publicly a bad name.

$12 temensis? Wow. I usually see them anywhere 2x-5x more expensive for a baby size.

My experience with Mark Chen of Discus Origins, Wes, Raymond Chan, and others matches yours and my impression of Aquascape too matches yours but I can't go by impressions because they can be misleading. Not always but can be off. So I aim to not jump to conclusions. Speaking for myself, again, of course.

It's hard being a vendor. Ask any vendor or better yet try yourself... even to sell a few fish in the Marketplace forum. 90% Of buyers kick tires, waste your time, want to low ball and get almost everything for next to nothing. 75% Appear to be ready to use any excuse to sponge a free fish off of a vendor. 25% are outright rude. So vendors have their prejudice too.

It's hard being a buyer sometimes too. But if both parties let their conscience and good will toward each other guide them, all these problems are quite surmountable and everyone wins and our hobby wins.

Thanks for that, mate.

9. krichardson

krichardson Bronze Tier VIP

42 minutes ago
      Bassin,what do you intend to do with the fish?

AquaScape likes this.
    10. AquaScape

AquaScape M.A.N. Community Vendor

Mike
      Today at 6:43 PM
      Thanks for the comment viktor that is definitely good idea, ill be commenting other info id like you to see here in a few