Not Real Cichla Temensis (Buyers Becareful)

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
2C3BFC63-D05E-4180-B5F0-93C1B0A99A1C.jpeg I been in the cichla hobby on and off for the past 10 years and have owned plenty of temensis to know that the babies that Aquascape sold me and had sent me which arrived this morning we NOT TEMENSIS. Yes i did call them. First when i ordered i was told they were wc temensis but the gentlmen i spoke with this morning said they were temensis and they were cb. 2 diffrent stories from 2 diffrent people but 1 truth is they arent real temensis. Won't due buisness with them ever again. Waiting on a call back from the owner now but we shall see the outcome. Just becareful everyone when ordering from Aquascapeonline.

Bassinmike

Reactions: AquaScape and Dloks

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Update - store employee called me back to tell me that the owner says they are WC temensis for sure and if i would grow them out a bit and if they arent temensis they would give me my money back. but no ty. They are clearly not temensis and why would i put money into a fish i didnt order to grow out to prove something i already know. From everything i heared about aquascapeonline i aint the first person they have done this to. This vendor alone ruined it for me. I am only shopping at my LFS and tangledupincichlids which i never had a problem with. Shady buisness here for sure.

kooldude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
east coast
I have to add my 2 cents in, I recently went to aquascape while I was visiting my sister in NJ I had the pleasure of meeting this guy Mike whose in charge of mail order he was very knowledgeable and easy to talk with. I picked up a tigrenus cat a lot cheaper then my local fish stores and the quality of fish were also good. I can’t speak of the delivery but was impressed by the assortment of fish

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Sorry to hear. It can be very upsetting.

Hmmm, never dealt with them myself either. Their stock lists are very impressive. I've heard of people having trouble with them too but IDK how prevalent this is. All vendors have someone displeased, that's for sure. But the big thing is - is it 10%, 1%, or 0.01% of their buyers??

If they sent you good pictures and you decided to buy the fish, their response could be somewhat understood. If you were not polite with them, then too their response might be warranted. But if you bought the fish based on their claimed ID (they claimed it twice as you said) and you were civil and polite with them, not refunding you your money can only be explained that

[1] in their eyes it's your word against theirs, in which case you need to obtain a couple of opinions from known and unbiased experts, or

[2] they don't care to rectify this problem.

I'd tend to think it must be [1].

Reactions: AquaScape

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Easy tems have a solid like all the way when that size. We have tems at my lfs not even a good lfs for 11.99 I'll try and get pics the easy have a line. From what I read alit of bad customers. Last stock list they posted I had to correctly ID a few fish for them and the person played dumb so I think it' negligent on there part. Never omce have I had a issue with discus origins, Wes, monster aqurium, and other vendors on here but read it regularly with aqua scape.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Easy tems have a solid like all the way when that size. We have tems at my lfs not even a good lfs for 11.99 I'll try and get pics the easy have a line.
Yeah, this is what I have proposed to Mike, if he wanted to continue this. If he didn't, that'd be totally understandable too. Start an ID thread, explain the reason - to challenge a vendor. Post great pics, vids. Ask ONLY experts to chime in. Present the thread to the vendor. See what happens then. If there is a consensus that these are not temensis, Aquascape will have no option but to rectify their blunder or earn publicly a bad name.

$12 temensis? Wow. I usually see them anywhere 2x-5x more expensive for a baby size.

From what I read alit of bad customers. Last stock list they posted I had to correctly ID a few fish for them and the person played dumb so I think it' negligent on there part. Never omce have I had a issue with discus origins, Wes, monster aqurium, and other vendors on here but read it regularly with aqua scape.
My experience with Mark Chen of Discus Origins, Wes, Raymond Chan, and others matches yours and my impression of Aquascape too matches yours but I can't go by impressions because they can be misleading. Not always but can be off. So I aim to not jump to conclusions. Speaking for myself, again, of course.

It's hard being a vendor. Ask any vendor or better yet try yourself... even to sell a few fish in the Marketplace forum. 90% Of buyers kick tires, waste your time, want to low ball and get almost everything for next to nothing. 75% Appear to be ready to use any excuse to sponge a free fish off of a vendor. 25% are outright rude. So vendors have their prejudice too.

It's hard being a buyer sometimes too. But if both parties let their conscience and good will toward each other guide them, all these problems are quite surmountable and everyone wins and our hobby wins.

Hi,well not sure if this helps. But there is 2 types of tems. One that has the 3bars and the one with one bar and dotes
Thanks for that, mate.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bassin,what do you intend to do with the fish?

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Yeah, this is what I have proposed to Mike, if he wanted to continue this. If he didn't, that'd be totally understandable too. Start an ID thread, explain the reason - to challenge a vendor. Post great pics, vids. Ask ONLY experts to chime in. Present the thread to the vendor. See what happens then. If there is a consensus that these are not temensis, Aquascape will have no option but to rectify their blunder or earn publicly a bad name.

$12 temensis? Wow. I usually see them anywhere 2x-5x more expensive for a baby size.

My experience with Mark Chen of Discus Origins, Wes, Raymond Chan, and others matches yours and my impression of Aquascape too matches yours but I can't go by impressions because they can be misleading. Not always but can be off. So I aim to not jump to conclusions. Speaking for myself, again, of course.

It's hard being a vendor. Ask any vendor or better yet try yourself... even to sell a few fish in the Marketplace forum. 90% Of buyers kick tires, waste your time, want to low ball and get almost everything for next to nothing. 75% Appear to be ready to use any excuse to sponge a free fish off of a vendor. 25% are outright rude. So vendors have their prejudice too.

It's hard being a buyer sometimes too. But if both parties let their conscience and good will toward each other guide them, all these problems are quite surmountable and everyone wins and our hobby wins.

Thanks for that, mate.
Thanks for the comment viktor that is definitely good idea, ill be commenting other info id like you to see here in a few

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store