Not Thursday, But Here's a Throwback

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I've been in the hobby for most of my life, so when I reflect on my favorite fish of all time, you think it would be difficult to pic just one. In reality, it was easy. This old Endlicheri had a TON of history and I would literally pay any amount of money to have him back :( wild caught semi short body, spoon head. I've been looking for something similar for 5+ years with no luck.

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

And a bonus shot...
IMG_1895.JPG

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Sorry for your loss. As far as shortbodies go that guy looks great, and I'm normally a fan of the look. Also in the bonus shot is that an AUL? So jelly!

Reactions: clm08k

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Sorry for your loss. As far as shortbodies go that guy looks great, and I'm normally a fan of the look. Also in the bonus shot is that an AUL? So jelly!
Oh he didn't die haha sorry I should have been more clear. I sold him to a friend before I went off to school then lost track of where he ended up.

And yup, AUL. The early 2000s were a great time to be a fish keeper. Rare fish were plentiful.

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Oh he didn't die haha sorry I should have been more clear. I sold him to a friend before I went off to school then lost track of where he ended up.

And yup, AUL. The early 2000s were a great time to be a fish keeper. Rare fish were plentiful.
Oh, well then get a PI and find that guy! lol ;)

Hopefully we get a resurgence in rare fish, I've heard they're breeding AULs in Asia now and the one place in Australia that was exporting them is all but shut down. Who knows, maybe they'll come stateside again. That's definitely a bucket list fish for me... ironic because he'll outlive me too :p

Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I've been in the hobby for most of my life, so when I reflect on my favorite fish of all time, you think it would be difficult to pic just one. In reality, it was easy. This old Endlicheri had a TON of history and I would literally pay any amount of money to have him back :( wild caught semi short body, spoon head. I've been looking for something similar for 5+ years with no luck.

View attachment 1248346

View attachment 1248347

And a bonus shot...
View attachment 1248348
never seen a WC semi-shortbodied before. Looks like a dinosaur for real. Sorry that you haven't heard about him in a while. Let's start an investigation!

P.S. love your AUL. They are one of my all time favorite fish. :)

Oh, well then get a PI and find that guy! lol ;)

Hopefully we get a resurgence in rare fish, I've heard they're breeding AULs in Asia now and the one place in Australia that was exporting them is all but shut down. Who knows, maybe they'll come stateside again. That's definitely a bucket list fish for me... ironic because he'll outlive me too :p
If we can track dollar bills on the internet, and sp. Delaware's siblings, we can find shookONES shookONES poly! Let's Track the all the previous owners down!

Reactions: Zilch and jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store