Nugget has a BOYFRIEND????

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So today I went to a store and they had if I remember what It was correctly a fire Dalmatian crested gecko male. And I learned that nugget is a male. My phone was dead so I have no pics. I’m hopefully gonna get him tomorrow it’s like a 90% chance of getting him. I’m also getting another vertical tank tomorrow for the male and babies when they’re born.(they don’t be together at the same time)

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
What should I expect with my first ever attempt at breeding reptiles?

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
So today I went to a store and they had if I remember what It was correctly a fire Dalmatian crested gecko male. And I learned that nugget is a male. My phone was dead so I have no pics. I’m hopefully gonna get him tomorrow it’s like a 90% chance of getting him. I’m also getting another vertical tank tomorrow for the male and babies when they’re born.(they don’t be together at the same time)
What should I expect with my first ever attempt at breeding reptiles?
Do you mean female because from what I know 2 males can't make babies lol but in all seriousness you should have a breeding box at the bottom so they could lay eggs in their and also give a bit more protein and calcium for better egg development after that I can"t help you for I never reptiles before.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Do you mean female because from what I know 2 males can't make babies lol but in all seriousness you should have a breeding box at the bottom so they could lay eggs in their and also give a bit more protein and calcium for better egg development after that I can"t help you for I never reptiles before.
Yeah nugget is a female lol, my bad

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Make sure you have EVERYTHING set up beforehand. I'd quarantine the newcomer for a while anyway so there's no rush.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Make sure you have EVERYTHING set up beforehand. I'd quarantine the newcomer for a while anyway so there's no rush.
He’s probably gonna be in with nugget for like a few minutes while I setup his enclosure. He’s a really cool crested and I think I’ll name him domino or ace.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Make sure they are only together when you want them to breed. The male will harass nugget if it wants to breed but she doesn’t, so you need to have two separate enclosures.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I agree with Deadeye and Hendre. Separation is going to be key for this all to work, along with a nice long quarentine. Without a quarentine your are putting nugget at risk of catching any parasites, viruses or diseases that the new guy may or may not have. Even if the new guy isn't showing symptoms he may still be carrying something nasty with him. So it's always best to quarentine for a month or 2 just to be 100% certain your aren't going to accidentally infect nugget with something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store