obtaining a permit to keep restricted species!

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
yes but aren't rays super sensitive to water conditions? I could get why Pirhana would be restricted. but something like the pike topminnow would be an easy snack for a bass. besides the water would be too cold for them. their from Central America

besides it feels very unfair that we get blamed for people who get a 50 gallon tank and think that they should throw some pirhana in their and then 1 year later they get bored/tired of it and they throw them in a local pond!

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
yes but aren't rays super sensitive to water conditions? I could get why Pirhana would be restricted. but something like the pike topminnow would be an easy snack for a bass. besides the water would be too cold for them. their from Central America

besides it feels very unfair that we get blamed for people who get a 50 gallon tank and think that they should throw some pirhana in their and then 1 year later they get bored/tired of it and they throw them in a local pond!
Life's not fair lol

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

Again, its about the possibility of releasing pathogens and parasites not from local bodies of water, not just about invasive species...

Coz honestly other than PETA the gov't doesnt care if you cant keep your fish in correct sized tanks...

Reactions: GamerChick5567

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
well it is important that some species are restricted

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Yeah not worth that's why I stick to common species that are ok for hobbyists to have Just because I would love a wolf pup doesn't mean I would really what the promblems affiliated with such an animal. I had a giant snake head years ago when they were legal and it was nothing but a pita. I t smashed through a 125 tank twice on me. I will stick with my larger barbs LOL

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
And no crayfishlobster crayfishlobster this won't allow snakeheads

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com