OCA hosts International Tropheus Conference

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Hi everyone,
The Ohio Cichlid Association (OCA) is hosting the International Tropheus Conference on March 14, 2021 at 1PM EST, check the link OCA Hosts Tropheus Conference for details.

They are also having an online Tropheus Raffle (sorry U.S. residents only) now through 3/14.

The conference will be able to be viewed on Facebook Ohio Cichlid facebook page or on their youtube channel here Ohio Cichlid.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Bump for the conference starting in less than an hour!! tlindsey tlindsey and Milingu Milingu or anyone else to join the online event.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Well did everyone enjoy the Tropheus conference? I thought the speakers were great and learned a bit more about these fish though I've not kept them yet.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Well did everyone enjoy the Tropheus conference? I thought the speakers were great and learned a bit more about these fish though I've not kept them yet.
Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately could not attend.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Couldn't attend. Is there a chance for me to listen to it again? Maybe you could have bumped the thread earlier.

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Yes, I enjoyed it. I learned some new stuff about how the different species formed.
But it also reminded me why I don't keep this beautiful fish. The tanks I can provide always feel way to small. Though a lot of people keep them successfully in 60 inch or even smaller tanks.

Reactions: deeda and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
D deeda I was blown away on what I've heard and learned about the Tropheus.
100 million years existence, behaviour, and how they know not to go out of their range. The speakers were outstanding.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Planning to watch the next couple of nights in lieu of TV :) One good thing that the pandemic has brought is excellent speakers available virtually. Watched (Dr.) Sam Borstein's presentation that the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association hosted on his work in Suriname. Good stuff!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store