odd ball predators for a 75g bichir tank?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello I am on the fence on whether or not to move my JD to my 125 tank with my oscars an give the 75 to my two delhezi bichirs if I did this what are some cool centerpiece fish? I love the look of dats but silver need brackish maybe some sort of false gar? let me know what you would do;)

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello I am on the fence on whether or not to move my JD to my 125 tank with my oscars an give the 75 to my two delhezi bichirs if I did this what are some cool centerpiece fish? I love the look of dats but silver need brackish maybe some sort of false gar? let me know what you would do;)
My Delhezi, Endlicheri, and Lapradei cohab with a Datnoid. They are in a 180 gallon. Ctenopoma are pretty cool and don't get large like most Datnoid.20190718_071520.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Agree with Tom. Maybe some ctenopoma will work. Rocket gars can work as well.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
could a Xenomystus nigri african knife work? they only stay around 12 inchs but I have heard they are fragile
The African Knife could work but personally wouldn't combine them with the Ctenopoma. The knives maybe out competed for food. I think Hendre Hendre had African Brown Knives with Senegal but not sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store