Odd behaviour

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
After a water change and a change around in the tank to get rid of some old plants and algea my largest snake head has started acting strange he goes up for air which is normal but for some reason he holds his head out of water and moves around the tank he has never done it before little worried tbh I thought water condition but the other snake head in with him is fine and acting normal there pair off so no fighting or anything any ideas would be appreciated its a 1200X500X500mm tank size

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
After a water change and a change around in the tank to get rid of some old plants and algea my largest snake head has started acting strange he goes up for air which is normal but for some reason he holds his head out of water and moves around the tank he has never done it before little worried tbh I thought water condition but the other snake head in with him is fine and acting normal there pair off so no fighting or anything any ideas would be appreciated its a 1200X500X500mm tank size
Welcome aboard
headbanger_jib headbanger_jib

Reactions: kno4te

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
This looks to be onset of swim bladder disorder

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
He is a channa ornatipinnis and he isn't doing it anymore and showed no signs of swim bladder beforehand so it could have been the change and the fact he was just annoyed that I had done it I've been monitoring them both and they both seem fine now

Reactions: headbanger_jib

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
My C.bleheri did this too ,it would always be right after I redid his tank or after I did a wc.He hated change lol.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
He is a channa ornatipinnis and he isn't doing it anymore and showed no signs of swim bladder beforehand so it could have been the change and the fact he was just annoyed that I had done it I've been monitoring them both and they both seem fine now
Great

Reactions: Krismo962

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
My C.bleheri did this too ,it would always be right after I redid his tank or after I did a wc.He hated change lol.
Ah see mine is actually quite friendly he will take food out of my hand without biting me or threat posturing me but thats the first time after a water change or a change in his tank he's acted like that but I'm jsut happy its stopped and he's eating like normal still

Reactions: headbanger_jib
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store