Off to naples, Fl

GetInMahBellay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Essex County, NJ
Well, I'm off to naples Florida on monday to visit my Grandma and check out some colleges. Last year I did well bass fishing in the golf course ponds but this year I want to catch at least one oscar. I was told last year that there are oscar in the canals but the only canal I got to fish was the one on Immokalee Rd. I didn't see any Oscars in there, only Plecos, Midas Cichlids, and Gar. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on catching Midas cichlids and gar because they just wouldn't bite. Also, does anyone know if there are any Oscars in the Immokalee Rd. canal and if not which direction should I head to catch them? Thanks in advance, I will post pics when I get back.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
there are lots of oscars in all of the s FL canals from the everglades and east. Use worms to catch them and midas. Gar bite on small fish.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Post Feb 18, 2012. Last seen Feb 26, 2012. Did he never made it out of Naples, FL?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee

saw the one above in a canal just inland from Everglades City a few years back, and there were plenty of fry in view

lots of uropthalmus and Tilapines a few yards away

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store