Oh my...who left the water running? WARNING, GRAPHIC

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
How devastating :( So sorry to hear this.
That Goshiki is gorgeous. I would still be crying. Losing the whole herd is one of my biggest fears.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
That is absolutely sad... I did this similar mistake not long ago in my own pond.... somehow those damn gator gars survive everything... maybe even nuclear fallout. Poor kois though..

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I was called back to this pond on CNY. Owner said the water is turning green. I must of missed 2 dead kois on the initial call. It was rotting bad and decomposed in the settling chamber. Smell was overwhelming. After taking them out the owner said shut the pond down. He was in no shape to talk (stroke last year) so I unplugged the pump and UV and left. I think the worst is yet to come. BACHI!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Its been over a year now and the owner wants the pond up and running again.
I pumped out the two vortex chambers which was full of leaves and algae. The UV needed new seals, bulbs and transformer. Quartz sleeves needed cleaning. I quoted it as BER (beyond economical repair). Replaced it with a shiny new one.
Life's too short to cry over dead fish.

uv.jpeg

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Its been over a year now and the owner wants the pond up and running again.
I pumped out the two vortex chambers which was full of leaves and algae. The UV needed new seals, bulbs and transformer. Quartz sleeves needed cleaning. I quoted it as BER (beyond economical repair). Replaced it with a shiny new one.
Life's too short to cry over dead fish.

View attachment 1375954
Uncle Ken, please build me a pond when I have enough

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store