Opinions needed please?

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Can anyone identify the white lesion type spots on my Pearseis tail.He is the only fish in the tank that has it.It is not getting any worse but it is annoying as I can't seem to cure it.
Water params are Amonia = 0 ,Nitrite = 0 ,Nitrate 10 ppm and PH 7.4 so I very much doubt it is water quality related.
Any help would be much appreciated:)

DSCF3899.JPG

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nick660;1383087; said:
If they are white my guess is lymphocystis (loads of info on the www).
If they are brown (and the fish is wild caught or has been exposed to wild caught fish) then possibly ecapsulated worm larvae.
Thx .Will look that up.:)

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
It could also be a temporary fungal infection from damage.

His fins are split in places, so either your water quality isn't what you say, your test kit is wrong (what kind are you using?), or someone caused that damage which lead to the infection.

It's not something I would worry about unless it gets worse. If your water quality is high and it's a fungal infection it will start to heal.
I have that happen in my aggressive fish tanks because someone always gets injured at one time or another, but it never progresses beyond a couple of spots.

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
ShadowBass;1395307; said:
It could also be a temporary fungal infection from damage.

His fins are split in places, so either your water quality isn't what you say, your test kit is wrong (what kind are you using?), or someone caused that damage which lead to the infection.

It's not something I would worry about unless it gets worse. If your water quality is high and it's a fungal infection it will start to heal.
I have that happen in my aggressive fish tanks because someone always gets injured at one time or another, but it never progresses beyond a couple of spots.
Thanx for the reply..Test kit is a Pharmiceuticals master liquid test kit.W/C's are 70% a week so I doubt water quality.He is in with some dominant fish.eg: Jag,RD and Jar.The Jag and RD will push him around occasionally but without bitting . Damage from the others even stress makes sense though.Thanks again for the reply.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store