Orange Pike

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
They suck! You don't want to get into Crenicichla...leave all the pike cichlids alone! They are the stupidest and most ugly cichlids out there!! Leave them all to me and I will properly dispose of them........................................

shekes

Jessica Rabbit
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
Toon Town
Perhaps if you keep a pike you'll become one.
That's what happened to Peanut.
Crenicichla arachis-hypogaea

Who is he going to breed with?

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
When I worked at PetSmart...

YES I WORKED THERE...

We had them for a couple months before I sold them...

I fed them tons of krill, rosies, and crickets.

They grew so ****ing fast that I had to get them out of there ASAP before they outgrew their tank.

The color wasn't as bright as they got older, but they where very personable...

and you can't beat that.:)

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
DeLgAdO said:
I though you WORK at petsmart?
did babycakes!! Did!!

I moved it on up to a LFS!!!!

Yay for no more uniforms!!!

I can wear booty shorts and short school girl plaid skirts to work every day now! :ROFL:

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Aight aight, if i can't get you to leave all the pike cichlids for me I suppose I can tell yaz more about them. Crencichla sp. xingu I is a pretty pimp little cichlid. They are from the Lugubris family of pikes, and do grow rather large. When my pair died the male was 13" and the female was 10"...and they were THICK. As juv. they are some what delicate, but once they hit 4 to 5" or so they come outa that stage. They are pretty mellow and laid back till this size as well. Then it seems that they grow balls or sumptin and will terrorize any fish in the tank if they feel so inclined. They are great pikes though, so don't give up on them just yet. With proper plannin and large enough tank you can keep them with other fish. They are more aunry than most other Lugubris pikes though, so keep this in mind. Lugubris pikes go through several color changes as they mature. What they look like as juv. is nothing like what they will look like as adults. Keep this in mind. The females get spectacular..absolutely love them, the males on the other hand, are more drab...but still impressive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store