ornates

BigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2005
Washington
are they hard to keep or are they pretty hardy. im thinking of getting one. my boss said she would sell me one that shes getting in next week around 4-5 inches for twelve dollars.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
They are no harder to keep than any other Polypterid,they tend to be more nocturnal than most but as they gain size this tends to be less true.And for $12.00 if you have the tank big enough for them get it.Anne

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Actually they are midsized of the bunch and prettiest is debatable I actually prefer delhezis-Anne

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Get the fish that's so cheap by uk prices. Gets to about 24" not the largest but big enough usual rule if it cant get it in its mouth then should be ok did fined with my one it spend a lot of the day in hiding and came out more at night after lights out if you want a big one the Congo bichir is the big boy that gets to 39 in.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
My female ornate was shy till she got about 12'' now shes out and about even with the lights on-Anne

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
ornates tends to lay around and most of the bichir do, but when its feeding time its a different thing, ornates are the colorful of the bunch

dimebag

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Philippines
stotty said:
Get the fish that's so cheap by uk prices. Gets to about 24" not the largest but big enough usual rule if it cant get it in its mouth then should be ok did fined with my one it spend a lot of the day in hiding and came out more at night after lights out if you want a big one the Congo bichir is the big boy that gets to 39 in.
i agree with you bro.i have a congicus(24") swap it to a smaller one coz hes getting nasty. he will smash my tank and he tries to eat hes tankmates!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store