Is it a new addition by the way?

Reactions: tlindsey

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Is there circulation pumps in the tank?
It seemed like the current was a bit much maybe? Like he would get to a certain point and got pushed back?

Reactions: AnthonyFish20

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
On the contrary, I think he likes the having the "wind" in his face.
He looks exactly like a fish that had never before been kept in a large enough tank and is figuring out there's other ways to swim....

I've seen a similar response with my own fish being moved to larger quarters. The most notable were SAEs that when I put them in the 240 gallon round pond they didn't stop swimming in circles on the periphery of the tank for weeks, stopping from time to time to bicker among themselves. They're torpedo like fish, really fast swimmers....

The Oscar will "settle" but all I can say is I think it's happy and it's nothing to worry about. Most fish have never had the height as well as the length of the tank so it will be news to some fish keepers seeing them behaving like that.

Reactions: Hank82 and tlindsey

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
is there light in the tank? with no light the glass is a mirror to them if the room is lighter than the tank. they tend to chase there reflection.

Reactions: tlindsey

Hank82

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2019
Stillwater, Oklahoma
is there light in the tank? with no light the glass is a mirror to them if the room is lighter than the tank. they tend to chase there reflection.
There is light but only at certain times, they also get natural light

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
also seems to be quite the current going on. I would turn that down or redirect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store