Oscar constipation?

Romankitty

Feeder Fish
Dec 15, 2019
20191214_134745.jpg
So this is what is happening to my oscar. He's only about 3 inches long. After passing whatever is in the photo is anus is still swollen and wouldn't go back down. He's still behaving and eating just fine even while passing it. Is he just constipated? Should I treat for infection just in case? I have way more photos of needed.20191214_134805(0).jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 1398221
So this is what is happening to my oscar. He's only about 3 inches long. After passing whatever is in the photo is anus is still swollen and wouldn't go back down. He's still behaving and eating just fine even while passing it. Is he just constipated? Should I treat for infection just in case? I have way more photos of needed.View attachment 1398222

Welcome aboard
What color was the poop?
If the poop isn't white and stringy but the Oscar seems bloated treat with Epsom Salt. Make sure it is pure Epsom Salt non fragrance.

Reactions: kno4te

Romankitty

Feeder Fish
Dec 15, 2019
Welcome aboard
What color was the poop?
If the poop isn't white and stringy but the Oscar seems bloated treat with Epsom Salt. Make sure it is pure Epsom Salt non fragrance.
The poop is brown or dark green in color and comes out in a ball made if tiny balls of waste. I'll give him a salt bath though.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store