Oscars looking more light then usual

Flawless Fish Tanks

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
New York
My tiger oscar is looking a lot more lighter in color on the upper part of the body and doesn’t seem to have the same appetite any info will be appreciated the tiger is about 10 inches still seems normal otherwise is this breeding behavior?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My tiger oscar is looking a lot more lighter in color on the upper part of the body and doesn’t seem to have the same appetite any info will be appreciated the tiger is about 10 inches still seems normal otherwise is this breeding behavior?

I personally always start with a water parameter test when behavior such as change in appetite.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
The lighter color can indicate the oscar is not in a good mood, stressed etc. Not eating well is not a good thing for an oscar. Agree with checking water but also can you tell us what you feed it and what the temps are? Photos help.
What size tank and what is your water change routine?

Reactions: tlindsey

Flawless Fish Tanks

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
New York
The lighter color can indicate the oscar is not in a good mood, stressed etc. Not eating well is not a good thing for an oscar. Agree with checking water but also can you tell us what you feed it and what the temps are? Photos help.
I checked water parameters earlier today and everything was spot on they could have been stressed from the red devil pair they were in the tank with while I was setting up there 180 gal the tiger wasn’t getting bullied but the lemon oscar was and when it happened the tiger oscar would stick up for the lemon oscar. But funny thing is the lemon got beat up pretty bad and he still eats normal and acts normal which is wierd, long story short I rushed the process of moving them over to 180 last week and the tiger eats now but in very small amounts. Still comes up n checks me out and seems okay but color is still lighter toward the upper part ofthe body wonder if she just doesn’t trust me right now smh 🤦🏾‍♂️

Flawless Fish Tanks

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
New York
tha ls for the response I left a pretty big response down below that answers everyone’s questions pics will be up soon thanks again #flawlessfishtanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store