Outdoor monster fish stocked ponds

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Lol I bet but do u know anything ab stocking like a 3000 gallon pond ?
Hmmmm... Well it depends on a few things. What are the dimensions, where do you live, what kind of pond is it, what animals will be lurking about and is it indoor or outdoor.

But a good bet for an outdoor is koi. They get fairly big quite quickly. But like I said animals can suck. I've had my koi eaten by a monitor before. Give me some pics. A 3000 gal is an exciting endeavor. Theres basically no limit on what you can keep! (Mostly). But once you stock the pond, I know it may be tempting to look at it an decide you can fit one more fish. But trust me you have to resist the urge. 1 fish can quickly become several dozen.

Redtail catfish stan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2022
Hmmmm... Well it depends on a few things. What are the dimensions, where do you live, what kind of pond is it, what animals will be lurking about and is it indoor or outdoor.

But a good bet for an outdoor is koi. They get fairly big quite quickly. But like I said animals can suck. I've had my koi eaten by a monitor before. Give me some pics. A 3000 gal is an exciting endeavor. Theres basically no limit on what you can keep! (Mostly). But once you stock the pond, I know it may be tempting to look at it an decide you can fit one more fish. But trust me you have to resist the urge. 1 fish can quickly become several dozen.
Thank you right now it’s gonna be outside I live in Texas but it’s gonna be upclose to my house and 3 feet of the ground But also 2 feet in the ground. There won’t be many predators. The dimensions is 10x8x5. And I’m looking more at predatory fish for this pond and my thinking of stocking rn is 6 silver arrows, 2 rtcs, a tigershovelnose, a giraffe cat, 4 peacock bass, and 5 iridescent sharks, but I’m still thinking. I want some other ideas for like stocking it because there are a lot of cool fish out there and Ik I dont know all of them.

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Thank you right now it’s gonna be outside I live in Texas but it’s gonna be upclose to my house and 3 feet of the ground But also 2 feet in the ground. There won’t be many predators. The dimensions is 10x8x5. And I’m looking more at predatory fish for this pond and my thinking of stocking rn is 6 silver arrows, 2 rtcs, a tigershovelnose, a giraffe cat, 4 peacock bass, and 5 iridescent sharks, but I’m still thinking. I want some other ideas for like stocking it because there are a lot of cool fish out there and Ik I dont know all of them.
If I were you I would have some gar and maybe some Large mouth bass but I'm not too sure about local laws. Make sure to have a look into those before splurging. Would love to see results!!!

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If you wish, you can check out our Big Fish Databases on our website in the signature. They list the biggest f/w fish by continent and family and by size. You will know almost all of them soon after you read the databases.

Reactions: Kingdoffishcraft

Redtail catfish stan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2022
If I were you I would have some gar and maybe some Large mouth bass but I'm not too sure about local laws. Make sure to have a look into those before splurging. Would love to see results!!!
Yep I’m looking into Florida gar rn. Also I’ll have to look at the compatibility of large mouth bass and peacock bass

Yep I’m having to look into the laws because of the invasive species that they don’t want let out wich really sucks because some fish are extremely beautiful like snake heads and stingrays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kingdoffishcraft

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Yep I’m looking into Florida gar rn. Also I’ll have to look at the compatibility of large mouth bass and peacock bass

Yep I’m having to look into the laws because of the invasive species that they don’t want let out wich really sucks because some fish are extremely beautiful like snake heads and stingrays.
Good luck!!! This pond will be epic!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store