Outward anus

Scoot123

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2017
Not sure what’s going on with my ray. Her anus is outward. She has stopped eating completely besides a single worm a day. Won’t eat anymore. I’d treated with salt, and prazi. Not sure what else to do. All water parameters are spot on. Anyone experienced this before. It went back to flat for a half a day and came right back. Lots of white stringy poo. This is the best pic I could get as she doesn’t want to move a lot anymore.

54DA4B2F-300D-4BF4-82E5-F00BD74764BB.png

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Get a male he will push that **** back in for sure

Not sure what’s going on with my ray. Her anus is outward. She has stopped eating completely besides a single worm a day. Won’t eat anymore. I’d treated with salt, and prazi. Not sure what else to do. All water parameters are spot on. Anyone experienced this before. It went back to flat for a half a day and came right back. Lots of white stringy poo. This is the best pic I could get as she doesn’t want to move a lot anymore.

View attachment 1374189
All jokes aside... white stringy poop indicates internal parasites which prazi has no effect on. I normally soak food in a combo of metro and seachem focus and feed for 5-7 days normally does the trick for me..best of luck to ya

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
A motoromale i bought back from a neglected used to have this problem since he started to eat again. I did treat with metro, salt and clean water. I did go away quite quick. But i think some of his trouble was my fault since i started tp feed him heavily again after have gotten food once a week for maybe 7 months. So now ive got a 2 year old motoromale that dont have his claspers rolled or are more then 23cm wd. Basically i regret i sold him to this guy that i bought him back from.

Reactions: TheReefer

Scoot123

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2017
Anything else work besides metro? Probably won’t be able to source it local and don’t really wanna wait a week to ship it here. I’ve had her for awhile and never had any problems until everytime she gets pregnant she kills all my big 8-12” tinfoil barbs during the night and eats them. Its the only thing I can think of would cause the prolapse since I chop her tilapia and shrimp up pretty good. That or maybe my big breeder male messed her up in there somehow. He’s 17-18” Big ray for a male.

Scoot123

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2017
So surprisingly my LFS actually had metro and focus. Shocking they usually only keep the cheapest of cheap products in stock. Now the problem at this point is getting her to eat medicated food.. I medicated an earthworm and she completely ignored it.. possibly inject the earth worm with metro? That way it’ll be on the inside so she doesn’t taste it right away. Or tube feed if she keeps ignoring it?

Scoot123

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2017
This girl has gotten better slowly but surely. Still not eating very well but she is eating and it’s slowly sucking back in.. Still makes me question keeping such expensive fish.

4498B06C-7628-4DC4-BA56-ADC8A7E7EA8E.jpeg

Reactions: jim barry
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store