overhead flash

Zeester

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2007
Las vegas
ok guys... just started to work with the overhead remote flash today.

this photo has a HUGE what I call "hotspot" but man... I can see the potential for some very dramatic shots with this technique.

here is Piglet.. albino oscar about 9 inches or so (checking out what that new black thing is on the top of his tank) the flash lol

as usual all comments are welcome, but be nice too lol... one of my first shots with this technique

Reactions: FishOrnamentKing

JFMBou

Feeder Fish
Feb 24, 2009
Australia
re. your technique....I'd never criticize anyone unless I had some experience :nice: , however, one piece of advice; make sure you have that 'black thing' separated with a solid piece of glass from Piglet :badgrin: 'cause we all know their ferocious appetite :lol:

Zeester

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2007
Las vegas
hmm not sure what happened to that other photo

thanks for the comment. was one of my first attempts and Im really likeing that technique!

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
hmm not sure what happened to that other photo

thanks for the comment. was one of my first attempts and Im really likeing that technique!

You need to diffuse the flash. That's why you have the hotspot. That plus it's a white fish. If you are shooting RAW you could bring down the highlights and brought up shadow area to balance the lighting. Gary Fong light spheres are hands down the best. Shaped like a toilet plunger head. For a quick DIY aim the flash up into a styro cooler over top the tank. One other thing...your color balance if off..drop yellow/ oranges and boost the blue. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store