Overstocked?

Jamie Chambers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2020
wondering if a dwarf lionfish, firefish, bangaii cardinal, bicolour blenny, green mandarin, flame angel, halfblack angel and yellowhead jawfish would fit in a 200 litre tank with the eheim 4+ pro 600 and presumably best media?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
wondering if a dwarf lionfish, firefish, bangaii cardinal, bicolour blenny, green mandarin, flame angel, halfblack angel and yellowhead jawfish would fit in a 200 litre tank with the eheim 4+ pro 600 and presumably best media?
That aquarium is too small also Mandarin should be placed in a reef setting only due to there constant browsing and slowness of feeding.

Jamie Chambers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2020
Alright, cheers but...

Do you think it would be ok if I cut out the mandarin and the halfblack angel because I just learnt how aggressively they fight

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
A dwarf lion fish gets about 6-7 iches (15.2-17.8 cm), at that size it could very likely eat your mandarins, yellow jawfish, bicolor blenny, and firefish. I suggest you stick to the dwarf lion fish in the 200 liter or you get red of the dwarf lion fish and get the other ones.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Agreed with the lionfish taking care of your overstocked posistion. Expensive lesson. Dwarf lions are cool but will still eat anything that will fit in its mouth which is most of your stock ideas. Oh and the angel will probably pick at the flowing fins of the lion, so I think it's the angel to survive in the end.

Reactions: tlindsey

Jamie Chambers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2020
Thanks for all your responses

All things considered Is this list ok:
Flame angel
Yellow head jawfish
Firefish
Bangaii cardinal
Bicolour blenny

And if so which two fish should I get first because I'm only going to keep two hardy fish for the first few months

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Thanks for all your responses

All things considered Is this list ok:
Flame angel
Yellow head jawfish
Firefish
Bangaii cardinal
Bicolour blenny

And if so which two fish should I get first because I'm only going to keep two hardy fish for the first few months
Those ones are ok in the tank. I am not sure which ones you should get first though as I don't have a lot of experience with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store