Pao suvatti aggression

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Today I was planning on taking a feeding video of the puffer, I was holding a piece of crab, and was fiddling withe the phone to start the video, all the while the puffer was eyeing the food in my hand, and eventually got agitated due to the delay and puffed up.

And here's the feeding video

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Thats cool!
What kind of crab is that? Looks pretty small. I'm looking for something like that to feed my schoutedeni.
It's a river crab, I go to the local fish and meat market and select smaller ones specifically for the puffers.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Good idea. I'll have to try that. Ive seen really small clams that someone was feeding on a video too, can't find those anywhere. Not that my little guy could eat them. Snails it'll have to be.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
My experience with these guys is, their beaks aren't as strong as that of mbus, so mildly hard shells they would bite thru, but hard shells they would just try and leave it be.

I tried cracking the crab claws with a pliers and giving it to them, one bite and he just stops trying to eat, the inner cartlillage of the crabs is something they are ok with, he loves soft meat though

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Suvatti like the palembang are actually piscivores in nature, which is why they just hang out by caves all day waiting to ambush passing prey...

So normally they arent as interested in hard shelled foods...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store