Parachromis project (RTM)

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hey DMD123 DMD123 ,
I've always liked the looks of RTM. Male or female they both look great. I like the fact that they don't get as large as a Jaguar so you have more tank options. I think males top out at 10-12", and females at 8-10", correct me if I'm wrong. Please keep us updated.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Hey DMD123 DMD123 ,
I've always liked the looks of RTM. Male or female they both look great. I like the fact that they don't get as large as a Jaguar so you have more tank options. I think males top out at 10-12", and females at 8-10", correct me if I'm wrong. Please keep us updated.
As long as I decide to keep her I will update. My buddy still has his breeding pair and I could attempt to get more fry and try for a male but Ive really got attached to this female. She has a great personality and her colors are really starting to come in. This is my first time with parachromis, I ve always been an amphilophus guy.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The big girl is getting some size on her. At a guess 4 3/4 - 5" now. Her two siblings are about 3 1/2".
IMG_20210403_124225107.jpg
IMG_20210403_123610988_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Getting ready to rehome her siblings and move the big girl to her 65B.

Reactions: Deadeye and Jexnell

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I hate when these types of threads are left hanging so Im updating it and closing it out.

I rehomed the two other females to a LFS and had the largest female in a 90 with a pleco. She was very outgoing and did very well with the pleco tankmate. It just came down to me still wanting a big male RTM, so I sold her to a fellow hobbyist. Now there are no RTM's in the house but my buddy does have another batch of fry if I want to attempt another try at getting a male. I look back at my attempts at these and Im not happy with my success rate on the fry. I had started with 10 and in the end only 3 survived and all three were female. I think its kind of a combination of things like the fact my tanks are too clean. There is no algae for small fish to feed on. Also I probably should have did a much longer/slower acclimation on the delicate fry. Anyway I might attempt another go round with these but at the moment I need the tank for raising out other fish.

So with that the parachomis project ends... or maybe just put on pause, lol

Reactions: Jexnell and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store