Parasites ?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
How do you know if a ray has internal parasites. I may be paranoid but my little Motoro seems to be acting a little weird. Eats O.K but will only eat earthworms (which i know are fine as my other rays eat them) but she does not seem to be putting any weight on. Today she has started lifting the fron of her disc and the other day i caught her swimming at the top of the water with her eyes above the water line. I have read about this before and remember it was not good news ! I done a water change and she seems O.K but i am not so sure ?

jdepasqu2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
philadelphia
jim barry;802567; said:
How do you know if a ray has internal parasites. I may be paranoid but my little Motoro seems to be acting a little weird. Eats O.K but will only eat earthworms (which i know are fine as my other rays eat them) but she does not seem to be putting any weight on. Today she has started lifting the fron of her disc and the other day i caught her swimming at the top of the water with her eyes above the water line. I have read about this before and remember it was not good news ! I done a water change and she seems O.K but i am not so sure ?
As I understand it usually the ray will simply not put on weight... I to am curious if there are any other signs..... Do they not eat soemtimes..?? Do they exhibit any other out of the ordianry mannerisms..?? Does anyone else know of any other signs that are associated with internal parasites....?? THANKS ...

jerppyjerp

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Trout Island
waita minute...one of my rays loves swimming at the water line right above the air stone...is this really bad?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Anyone else have any suggestions. I don't know what else to try. The ray eats well but not as much as my others and she does not appear to be gaining much weight.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
if the new ray is only eatting earth worms then you need to get it feeding on dead food

earthworm are very aductive for rays and should only realy be given as treats

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I know that mate but like i have stated in previous threads, she WILL NOT eat anything other than worms and she is too thin to starve her out. I just want to be able to rule out parasites, get some weight on her and than starve her onto frozen foods. Thanks for the tip on Esha 2000 i will try it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store