Paretroplus kieneri / Calico Damba with eggs

notho2000

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2010
winnipeg, canada
A pair of Paretroplus kieneri, the smallest of the Paretroplus genus from Madagascar, have just completed their third spawn in the last six weeks.

notho2000

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2010
winnipeg, canada
Thank you for another outstanding video. The parents look very diligent in guarding their spawn. Is this their 1st or are they seasoned parents?
Thanks for your kind words, 'Oddball. Kieneri are a nervous, 'always on the go' type fish. There are two pairs in a 70G tank and (not sure which pair is which since they don't really show obvious bonding behavior) I think that, between them they have spawned 6 or 7 times. When left with the parents the eggs are usually gone by the third day. So, I pulled the last spawn and managed to get about 30 or so fry.

CichlidLabGirl

Feeder Fish
Feb 18, 2018
Thanks for your kind words, 'Oddball. Kieneri are a nervous, 'always on the go' type fish. There are two pairs in a 70G tank and (not sure which pair is which since they don't really show obvious bonding behavior) I think that, between them they have spawned 6 or 7 times. When left with the parents the eggs are usually gone by the third day. So, I pulled the last spawn and managed to get about 30 or so fry.

Have you been able to raise the fry successfully? If so how?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store