parrot

jagsndoviman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
michigan
just wondering are parrot's a red devil severum mut and i also have been told that they cant breed and that in a crossbred fish that only a female is fertile and males are sterile just curious

danny boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2005
gatwick
thats generally the case but they are not ALL sterile. they have been bred together.

evilxyardxgnome

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
twitter.com
One shouldn't be called a parrot where the true parrot is an actual species. Blood Parrots are a hybrid speices that are man-made, and if you ask a lot of aquariumists they would love to destroy this species on the spot. I on the other hand look at hybrid as a trophy. I love looking at cool hybrids. Thats just me.

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
i dont know what everyones prob with hybreds are. i dont see the problem if you dont in turn breed it with pure breeds to screw up the family tree. if i get a mutt between my festea and a jag (just an eg) you better belive im gonna keep that fish. that would be a bad ass fish. so i agree 100%.

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
I don't like unnatural hybrids (i don't mind if fish would do it on their own in the wild), but I can see how a Flowerhorn is cool. A Blood Parrot on the other hand is not cool, doesn't look good, can't close it's mouth completely, and just looks deformed.

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
hybrids i like. parrots i dont. not because of anything in peticular but because i just think they are extremly fugly.

jagsndoviman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
michigan
my jag and rd are gonna lay eggs agian dont know if they will hatch this time my buddy had a lil salvini femaleand big male texas have babys very neat lookin hybred and now she is with my male salvini lil ho

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store