Payara Scomb

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
A local chap text me yesterday asking me to take a Payara from him as it had to go that night so I picked it up.

Its only 3" long, he had bought it as Armatus but its definately a scombs from using the sticky thread.

I've tried to do some research on scombs today but there isn't a load of info.

What I want to know is has anyone on here kept one long term as everything I have read is that they don't last long unlike Armatus. Those that keep them how big is yours now and are they as docile as I have read unlike the more violently described Armatus

Its eaten a neon overnight so I guess thats a good sign and I will try it on frozen once the other 4 neons have gone

Its in my sump, I have added air and a powerhead too

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
A local chap text me yesterday asking me to take a Payara from him as it had to go that night so I picked it up.

Its only 3" long, he had bought it as Armatus but its definately a scombs from using the sticky thread.

What I want to know is has anyone on here kept one long term as everything I have read is that they don't last long unlike Armatus. Those that keep them how big is yours now and are they as docile as I have read unlike the more violently described Armatus

Its eaten a neon overnight so I guess thats a good sign and I will try it on frozen once the other 4 neons have gone

You need to post a pic.

K krichardson

Reactions: Simonas

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020

Most don’t live past 2 years

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store