Peacock Bass Breeding Behavior

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Heck Yeah Dude!!!!!!!! Super stoked for you. maybe put a flat rough rock down or even a clay saucer..

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Tried the rocks. Seems she likes to play ”backpack blower” instead which appears ineffective.
little woman seems inexperienced. This would be her first brood.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Appears she layed some eggs. Also some grey poop? Not may eggs. A bit spread about. She is tired Not defensive of the area. She does stay there near the eggs most of the time. Her tube has retracted but she still drops it at times. Beginning to again do the courtship thing with Luther.

Eggs.JPG

Reactions: alexp11

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
She's still laying eggs off and on. I saw her lay eggs today. Have not seen Luther fertilize them. This whole thing is interesting. Did not know the egg laying would go on for days.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
sometimes the first round isn't a success esp for first time fish breedings. When female lays eggs she will lay some swim away come back and lay some more. fingers crossed for you bud. If you dont mind if i give you some advice. I would get rid of all decor sand substrate is fine and put a log and/or rock only and leave just the pair in the tank. If this spawn isnt successful next one will for sure. Best of luck to you bro. Fingers crossed.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
sometimes the first round isn't a success esp for first time fish breedings. When female lays eggs she will lay some swim away come back and lay some more. fingers crossed for you bud. If you dont mind if i give you some advice. I would get rid of all decor sand substrate is fine and put a log and/or rock only and leave just the pair in the tank. If this spawn isnt successful next one will for sure. Best of luck to you bro. Fingers crossed.
Breeding is secondary behavior. for me It's interesting but I don't have room for tanks for raising hatchlings.
If I had a basement or a garage I could throw them in a bare bottom tank. No, the planted tank is a must for this living room tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store