peacock bass for my 220?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
PeacockBass said:
No, NO I dont. NOT when it comes to fishkeeping decency. I would LOVE to come to a board were every member propperly cares for their fish, and if they cannot, then they dont buy the monster snakehead (rayman) or the Massive gigas, or the soon to be Huge Cichla Temensis... but this is impossible because people dont respect their animals.
im getting pbass and 2 giga for my 75 :grinyes:
so u can buzz off
and frog_man's pond isent big enuf for a giga
he got like a 8 x 8 pond. or 12 x 12

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
Richie said:
Pbass,
Snorkling in an indoor pond is not exactly observing their natural behaviour they are still constricted by a unnatural barrier. I have been to the Amazon on various occasions and have been lucky to see the interactions, type of habitat, breeding and feeding behaviour however I would not descibe myself as any expert because as yet there is still so much unknown about the Cichla species.
In your reply you say you will write about decency, this wasn't the question, I too believe that fish should not be allowed to be kept in such small enclosures, but then you are leaning towards some sort of regulation of fishkeeping. Is this something you would embrace?

Actually, You can see a large portion of their habbits. Fish dont automatically change their ways of living when you put them in a tank. I have found that Cichla's behaiver is very close to large (16+ inch) Large mouth Bass. I have 4 friends that go to SA yearly to catch Peacocks, They also agree about their habbits being close to the same with LMBs.

Breeding habbits, hunting habbits, shoaling habbits, ect ect are close to the same.

This being said, I can get a rather large Idea of how Cichla are in the wild by documenting large LMB in the wild. Every summer I spend time at a certain lake where LMB are located watching them spawn and interact with other fish.

Also, Watching fish from the surface is limiting. Get down in the water and take some video clips for us.

I personally think Large scale fish should not be purchased unless you have a large system to support them.

There should be morals within fishkeeping that effect peoples conciousness when buying fish that get huge.

But unfortunatly Religion has created a false sence of greatness and Ideas that Animals are here for our service and nothing more.

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
rayman45 said:
im getting pbass and 2 giga for my 75 :grinyes:
so u can buzz off
and frog_man's pond isent big enuf for a giga
he got like a 8 x 8 pond. or 12 x 12

actually i believe its much larger although i could be wrong.

Hey you get a big tank yet? didnt think so.

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
mpgleisten said:
damn it, neal is too funny. :hitting:

Your avatar is sooo damn cool.

LOL

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
iheartfishies said:
PeacockBass said:
uh huh....

sure....
MFK's...That's what MFKs is about.

so shut your god damn mouth.

you find someone who OWNS a GIGA who can keep them for life.....

and I'll...take it in the ass.
I'm looking, I'm looking!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
dodgefreak8 said:
WOW THIS POST GOT OUT OF HAND.I don't think I will even get a pbass so you can all calm down now
Get one, Keep it until it gets crowded, then eat it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store