Peacock Bass / Parrot Cichlid for Sale - Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorhead1980

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Hello, I'm a new member here, and I have a 12" Peacock Bass for sale, as well as a 6" - 7" Parrot Cichlid. I hate to have to part with these two fish, but I have a Jaguar Cichlid that will not mix well with them. Currently the Bass and Parrot are in a 180 gallon tank and get along well together. The Bass has seemed to develop a small case of Hole in the Head (even with water changes equaling 140 gallons changed per week, and good water conditions). Other than this he is very healthy, eats well and is still growing very quickly. I will only sell these to someone with a proper set-up and tank size, and experience to accommodate them, and I'm not in a rush. I will send pictures if needed (as I can't figure out how to post them on here). Please contact me if interested and we can discuss price and pick-up.

motorhead1980

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
I would be interested. Can you let me know what set-up you would be using for the Bass and Parrot, and if they would be in with other fish? Just want to make sure they will receive similar care to what they are getting now. I would only be looking at taking 1 of yours as I would be putting it in with my 5" male Jaguar that I have recently purchased and is already insanely aggressive. Not sure if this works for you. I'm more interested in making sure my fish find a decent home than getting anything in return for them. Also where are you located, and could you pick-up, also let me know what kind of timing you are looking at? If need be I can provide my contact info.

Fighter Fish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2013
Fergus, Ontario
I am located in Fergus, I can come pickup probably even tonight if you like. I have 6 female jags so I can bring one that will be compatible with your male if you like. I have one male and he is aggressive too but only to other males, the females work good together.
I would be putting them in a 220 gallon tank with 2 other 7" bass and about 6 different bichirs that are smaller and won't bother the bass.
I also run lots of filtration on this tank so it can easily handle them all. My jaguars are in a separate 150 gallon tank as I just switched the tanks around when I put the Jaguars up for sale.

motorhead1980

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
That sounds great, would there be anyway you could do Saturday during the day, as weeknights are pretty busy. I think a female Jag would be best as my male is still small. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store