Peacock Bass with Juruense Cat?

Calvin4924

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2018
I currently have a 180gal aquarium with 3 peacock bass (ranging 8-10in) and a Fire eel that's about 14in.

I just purchased a Juruense catfish at about 6 inches in length yesterday with the intention of keeping him separately in a 55gal and power feeding him until he can be in the 180.

However I now have to take down the 55. I am very concerned about a 6 inch narrow bodied catfish in with a 10 inch peacock, but I have nowhere else to keep him. I intend to build a temporary barrier using egg crate to separate them.

I have raised the peacocks since they were barely 2 inches long and only fed them pellets and frozen, never live. What are the odds my juruense would become a very expensive snack if they were introduced?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I currently have a 180gal aquarium with 3 peacock bass (ranging 8-10in) and a Fire eel that's about 14in.

I just purchased a Juruense catfish at about 6 inches in length yesterday with the intention of keeping him separately in a 55gal and power feeding him until he can be in the 180.

However I now have to take down the 55. I am very concerned about a 6 inch narrow bodied catfish in with a 10 inch peacock, but I have nowhere else to keep him. I intend to build a temporary barrier using egg crate to separate them.

I have raised the peacocks since they were barely 2 inches long and only fed them pellets and frozen, never live. What are the odds my juruense would become a very expensive snack if they were introduced?

The Odds are high would definitely seperate with the egg crate.

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com