Peacock bass wont eat.

Mfowlie626

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2013
U.S.
So I've had this peacock bass for around a year and it's been in a 500g outdoor pond since I got him. I recently moved it to an 800g above ground pool pond. It's around 12-13 inches. Before the move it was eating frozen shrimp and tilapia along with pellets occasionally. I was even able to hand feed it. After the move it was not eating anything I offered (which I expected) but it's been almost a month now and it still will not eat. 2 weeks after the move I did decide to get some feeder fish so it could eat something and it did eat those but now it won't even eat that. Still have feeder fish swimming around the pond. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

Also, there are other fish in the pond with it that are eating just fine.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I would not be that worried. Last time i moved my orino group they didnt eat for a month n a half and they are heavy feeders usually.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Just 1 Occellaris in the pond now. Growing out a Piquiti in my 125 right now.
Well my experience is that they do better in groups of at least three. I currently have two monos three orinos in one tank and im growing out one mono and one kelberi in another tank.

Mfowlie626

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2013
U.S.
Well my experience is that they do better in groups of at least three. I currently have two monos three orinos in one tank and im growing out one mono and one kelberi in another tank.
Ya that's what I've heard. I'm thinking about getting a third. I definitely want a species I dont have already but they're not usually available near me.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Hey Tobias, I don't know if you have seen my kel Luther that I have posted on. I am getting a larger tank (200gal) and I'm going to move him and the 4 oscars to the new tank. Right now he is super aggressive eater and basically a very active kel (about 10"). I'm leaving the second kel (presumed to be female) in the existing tank. I'm doing this because sometimes Luther is a little aggresive with her (mostly not). Luther sometimes seems a little bi-polar. But he is a gas.
My question, any idea how Luther will adjust to the new tank? OP's post concerning me a tiny bit.
-Dave

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Hey Tobias, I don't know if you have seen my kel Luther that I have posted on. I am getting a larger tank (200gal) and I'm going to move him and the 4 oscars to the new tank. Right now he is super aggressive eater and basically a very active kel (about 10"). I'm leaving the second kel (presumed to be female) in the existing tank. I'm doing this because sometimes Luther is a little aggresive with her (mostly not). Luther sometimes seems a little bi-polar. But he is a gas.
My question, any idea how Luther will adjust to the new tank? OP's post concerning me a tiny bit.
-Dave
How big of a tank do you have for them now? My experience with kels are quite limited. Have only had one larger kel and she was the boss of that tank and beat the living **** out of a mono and a ocellaris almost double the size every now and then.

I say bulk him up before you move him. Just because he can go on a hungerstrike before he feels comfortable in his new tank.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
How big of a tank do you have for them now? My experience with kels are quite limited. Have only had one larger kel and she was the boss of that tank and beat the living **** out of a mono and a ocellaris almost double the size every now and then.

I say bulk him up before you move him. Just because he can go on a hungerstrike before he feels comfortable in his new tank.
He is in a 48X20X33. I will bulk him up. It's easy with this guy. He'd probably kill himself eating for 2 hours if he wanted.
THNX

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store