Pellets floating to the sides of the tank?

Ohnoitstfloyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
My Hakari pellets are floating to the sides of the tank and I'm worried my arowana won't be able to find them. I'm watching him and I'm seeing he's having an issue. I was thinking about making a ring out of air hose tubing (so it floats) and putting the pellets in there, but they'll just float to the sides as well. I'm seeing him eat the couple that have stayed away from the edges, So I know he's hungry and accepting the pellets (WOOOOOOOOT) but I'm not seeing him get to the ones on the side of the tank. is there something I can do? I think he's too small, skittish, and new to be tong feeding, and I don't wanna hurt his little tiny cutie bear mouth.
help?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
My initial thought is he'll be perfectly fine and I wouldn't worry him getting to the pellets. How big is he?

Aonther thing you could try is redirecting flow of water, pausing the return pump if that is a possibly. This could help to not push the pellets to the edges so quickly .

Some folks with marine tanks use something such as an acrylic ring that's about 4" diameter and couple inches tall. You could add an acrylic arm of some sort so that it doesn't move. They sell these things but you could easily make one if you have a TAPS retail store around you. But i would not advise using this when your aro gets bigger.

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I dont know what circulation you have in your tank but when i feed, especially babies, i swithch off my wave makers, feed and then wait about 10min
Once everyone has eaten then i switch the wave makers back on

Good luck with your baby

Reactions: narayanang76

DanielAro501

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2018
Just hand feed it, and my 7 inch Aro usually snatches the pellets off the side. Once he finds one He/she will keep looking along the edges to find more if its hungry. Like the others said, turning off circulation could help keep them off the edges.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store