People w/ multiple tanks

Magnus30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
Michigan
For people w/ five plus tanks, where do you keep them all w/o cramming them in, I've had 5 in my basement & I thought that was alot, of course I could propably fit about 10 if my wife would allow :D

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I have them scattered all over my house, I've got a building that is going to be for tanks and a pond only. I know anther member of this site that has a building dedicated to just tanks as well.

Magnus30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
Michigan
I figured people had additional buildings, I'm only given access to my basement, which is fine, I had problems upstairs w/ algea & natural sunlight

phreakyfaerie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
michigan
we have a 2 story with a fineshed basement, the tank room is mostly contained in the basement, but they are pretty scattered around the house.

mothernature

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
nevada
he he,, my tanks are scattered all over. And my living room looks like a fish store (kinda)
I found this stand thing and its holding three tanks right now, but its so hard to do water changes!!!!! The tanks on the ground are hard to get the suction going on the syphon hose, the tanks up above are hard for me to lift my water bucket up to.. So far ive found it best to have a bunch of fish tank stands, since this is not always possible. Alot of my tanks are on desks. It looks really crappy but hey thats the story of my life.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I have a 55 and 75 in the kitchen/dining area.thats where the big tank goes when I finally get it.I have a fishroom in the basement with 2x55g2x30g 4x20g and room for a few more tanks.

Weasel F.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
Amarillo,Texas
I keep my 2 75gals in my living room along with 2 20gals and 4 10gals, then the rest are all throw my house til I get my hatchery up and going. ll 20 + tanks will remain in the house.

Canadbis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2005
Calgary AB
I have a 150G,100G,75G,45G,10G all in the basement around the walls. 2 10G in the kitchen on a double stand, 72G Bowfront, 20G,33G in the living room, 20G in MY bedroom and a 10G in the girls room.
hahah
lots more room still

illustrae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
NewHampshire, USA
I currently have all of my tanks in my upstairs livingroom, and I'm really trying to find room/support for more in that room because I like to have them all in one place to look at them all, for ease at feeding times and water changes, and because it's the best room to support the power needs and easiest to clean up if there are spills (no carpet!). Being an upstairs room, however, I'm having trouble justifying more tanks, especially large ones, due to weight, though space isn't really an issue yet, unless I do get the big tanks I'd love to have. Most of my tanks are on built-in stands like built-in bookshelves/wall units, my 65 resides almost inside the fireplace, and my small tanks are all over the place on end tables, side bars, hutch, etc. If I were to get more tanks (50 gallons or less at this point, since my 100+ gallon dream is to expensive for me right now), I'd get metal stands that can support two tanks.

I'm lucky that we don't really use the livingroom for anything, though. We have a seperate TV room and dining room, so the livingroom has pretty much been turned into a fish room that happens to have lots of books and some couches in it, too. Makes for a very pleasent, relaxing reading area, though. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store