Petco... holy moly.

Troy992

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
pearland, Tx
I've been out of the fish loop for a while, all the local mom and pop type stores are gone (i'm guessing cause theres a petco and petsmart every 5 blocks). I went to petco after setting up and cycling my tank a week or so ago. I've been in a couple times this week looking at the Green Terrors, that I mistakenly thought were Dempsys. I finally got someone to get someone that worked in the fish dept. I showed him the two I wanted and man he was likesplahing water out scooping, jerkin, with a net that the handle was bent in half( so it would fit under the lights?) Those fish turned 3 different shades of green to black... I'm hoping that they dont stay hidden from know on. I floated the bag for 15 mins, then let a little tank water in waited 15 mins, then again three more times with the light off. They look fine, but stay hidden when I approach the tank. think they will get over it?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
ahh,, :)

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
My avatar pic is a Jack Dempsey. It's a long slender variety but definitely a Dempsey. GTs have small lines on the face and orange on the tail like your avatar pic. If your avatar/profile pic is one of the fish you're talking about then they're definitely not JDs, but GTs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store