Photos of my year old Carpo

Roxy55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
I love my knife even though he's not a CK. It was love ❤ at first sight, definitely an impulse buy!! However, it's a private lfs and he was already pellet trained and I raise fancy guppies that need culling occasionally!
I didn't think he'd cull my ramshorn snails too!!!
The store had 4 /16 left and weren't going to repeat the purchase. They had them for 4 months. So it was now or never!

He was never a problem eater. Although he scares the heck out of me, when he grabs a shrimp from my fingers, even in the 1st month. He doesn't take bites but the whole shrimp !!
I love to brag to anyone who will listen about my knife!! He's in a separate tank, as I'm treating his former tank with salt for fish injuries and not sure he can be in salt? This allows me to spoil him with extra treats.

I'd like to see other people's Carpo and read their stories. Also what size tank in gals or inches please are they in?

IMG_0527.JPG IMG_0529.JPG IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0539.JPG IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0547.JPG

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Those are cool fish! I have a soft spot for knives, but keep a smaller variety. Roxy55 Roxy55 you have a thick fish there :)

Reactions: Roxy55

Roxy55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Those are cool fish! I have a soft spot for knives, but keep a smaller variety. Roxy55 Roxy55 you have a thick fish there :)
You think it's thick? I have no prior experience with this species. However, he's my pride and joy! He gets spoiled more than my guppy tank or the cichlids! He's such a cool fish to watch swim. I often have insomnia and fall asleep watching him. He gets active at sunset. Lately when I'm by the tank in the day he comes out looking for food! I've noticed he's getting longer. Soon as he's full it's back to sleep! I just picked up 10 pieces of mayasian drift wood, so his tank is getting up graded in size and landscaping!! Thank you for your comment!

Reactions: SBM and Hendre

Roxy55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
I love seeing pics of other people's carpo knives, as I know very little about them. The fish was mis IDed when I bought it and they weren't going to bring any more in, so an impulse buy. All I know it can get 20". It's the star of my fish. I'm keeping an eye open for a good deal on a 6' tank!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store