Love all your stock and taste in fish.
Nice update. Keep them coming mate.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Thanks!

How have you’ve been? We’ve missed you. Good to see you back.
Thanks Steve, nice of you to say mate.
I lost some people very close to me. Put me in a dark place for a while. Without sounding callous, life must go on for the living.
So yeah, difficult times but moving on.

Any way don't want to bring your great thread down .
Love the swords mate.
How are they getting on?

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Thanks Steve, nice of you to say mate.
I lost some people very close to me. Put me in a dark place for a while. Without sounding callous, life must go on for the living.
So yeah, difficult times but moving on.

Any way don't want to bring your great thread down .
Love the swords mate.
How are they getting on?
So sorry to hear that :(

No worries on the thread, just glad you’re back. I have 5 in a separate tank. All female but one of the younger ones looks to be turning male. Trying to get them to grow as big as possible to hopefully add to the 150g one day. Hopefully breed more too. I just worry about the tetras as they have eaten small ones before. Eventually I’ll be reducing the cichlid stock as they grow.
I am really glad you chimed in, because I have collected some very dry branches. I need to remove some of the driftwood, because it’s decomposing and chunks of wood litter the substrate and it doesn’t look nice. What do you think of these? Also is this green fungus on the branch safe for the fish? One more question-what is the best way to prepare the branches?

AD702621-79B1-4201-BF15-7FC29B852915.jpeg 6B53BB37-ED8D-49B0-9E90-F750654C7867.jpeg

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Some updates on the stock.

Some minor aggression. The meeki do a lot of chasing and nipping at the others. Even the larger deppi. But they leave the rostratus alone.
The rostratus chases the deppi often. Not sure why she is focused solely on the deppi. She is full grown. This F1 deppi is very timid and not aggressive at all. The captive breed deppi I had before was very aggressive and much larger. It grew faster and was 8”. This one is close to 6”. Growth seems to have slowed. Both were from Jeff Rapps.
The robertsoni-growing slow as expected. At a glance, it looks like I might have a male and female.
Pasionis-the one “pair” I thought I had are no longer hanging out together. The female chased the male away. I am pretty sure I have 3 males ad 3 females. Hoping I’ll get one pair out of it. I think the meeki might be the reason they aren’t pairing. The chasing won’t allow for a pair to claim a spawning spot.

Reactions: Gourami Swami
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store