Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Actually, I just googled some info.

I'm using a class 2 card.

The manual recommends class 4 minimum.

Class 6 = 20 Mbps.

So I'm guessing the card you have is class 8, Levi?

Either way, I need to upgrade the memory card. :)

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Chaitika;93128; said:
Actually, I just googled some info.

I'm using a class 2 card.

The manual recommends class 4 minimum.

Class 6 = 20 Mbps.

So I'm guessing the card you have is class 8, Levi?

Either way, I need to upgrade the memory card. :)
I don't have a good card yet, that's why I was asking:D Sandisk Extreme III cards are 30Mbps but I wanted to look at other options if you had found any. www.tigerdirect.com has decent prices on them too.

Edit: I found the listing on the bit rate somewhere in here http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=sd780is+24mbps&btnG=Google+Search. I forget where I originally saw it, but when you search for it it's all over haha.

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
[YT]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UCXVuDafX3Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UCXVuDafX3Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YT]

click on the HD button.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
The video is still amazing for such a small point and shoot. I think the faster card will make it a bit less choppy. I can't wait to play some video on my TV.

By the way, your tank makes me Jellis.

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Thanks. :)

I think the speed of the card helps it pick up all the detail of HD? So yeah, I guess choppy is the right term.

I'm also looking forward to doing up a nice video on the iMac and playing it on the big screen whilst wearing my beret. Should be pretty sweet. :-D

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Actually double-clicking on the vid opens a new window and lets you see the vid at a bigger resolution.

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
maddog10;93135; said:
WOW! How much space did the video take up on the card?
144MB,Michael. :) It took more time uploading to youtube than anything else. It came off the camera in about 30 seconds. :)

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
mrlimpet;93137; said:
very nice gerry! what a nice tank. is that your 360G?

i can see one of your other tanks reflected in it! :)
Thanks, Rob. :) That's the 360. I'll do another shoot of all my tanks when I have a better memory card. I might not wait that long though, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store