Pictures of my Lamax III (blackberry) and Myleus schomburgkii (thin bar)

joe00

Ghost Shrimp
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Rockford, IL
Nice! I have a group of BB too... what is the Lamax III? I have never heard that term
Thanks Jason! Lamax III is the name that these fish were sold to me as. The distributor I got them from also bought them under this same name from a fish farm/exporter in Sri Lanka. From what I have heard, only one fish farm has managed to produce this man-made beauty. I was told that they are a cross between Wide Bar and Red Hook Silver Dollars. I'm no expert on this but instinct tells me that you can't take a fish with a wide black stripe and cross it to a fish that has almost no black on it at all and come up with an overwhelmingly black fish. I'm thinking more is involved (maybe a trade secret type thing). If more isn't involved, wouldn't every fish farm be producing these? I'd love to hear more from anyone with more solid information!

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Great pics! Nice mix of thinbars and bbs, they look good together. Very nice looking tank, too.

What else is in the tank with them? I see a clown loach in one pic.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Wow nice flawless SD!! I want a keep a little group with my turtle. Just can't seem to find them anywhere.

joe00

Ghost Shrimp
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Rockford, IL
Thanks guys! There's also two Clown Loaches, a Royal Pleco, two Zebra Plecos, and a group of Flying Foxes in the tank.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
wow i really like the thin bars. I also love the layout of your tank. Wish i could afford thin bars.

joe00

Ghost Shrimp
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Rockford, IL
wow i really like the thin bars. I also love the layout of your tank. Wish i could afford thin bars.
Thanks fishnatics! I really like Thin Bars too! Their relatively small adult size appeals to me. From what I've seen, they're not too pricey compared to some of the other Silver Dollar varieties. I'd expect to pay a little more than a Red Hook but less than a Wide Bar, Blackberry, or Tiger. Speaking loosely, I'd say they're affordable:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store