Pinima wild Caught

ethanhunter34

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
hawaii
Anyone has experience with a pinima pbass wild caught? They are selling 4inch ones but wanted to know how they turn out.

Thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice looking pinima.

Reactions: Matteus and tcav88

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
I'll just tell you right now you'll likely have to start with live food and ween them off, you can find out how to do that on here in the cichla section

• Haha
Reactions: Dloks

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I'll just tell you right now you'll likely have to start with live food and ween them off, you can find out how to do that on here in the cichla section
Not true, out of all the Pinima I’ve had not one has refused prepared. The 13 I have now started on freeze dried krill then pellets a couple days later, they’re nothing like that of kelberi which takes the most time ime to pellet train.
How is there aggression vs azul or kel? I have 3 5inch kels and 1 azul 6 to 7 inches. Looking to maybe pick one up.
imo they’re the most aggressive bass in the trade even at small sizes. second being orinos and tems. They’ll definitely outgrow the kels but the azuls should be able to keep up.
They grow out nice. Here are 4inch one's that are for sale

View attachment 1378245
Nice! Look just like the 13 I picked up last month def get em

• Love
Reactions: Matteus

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Not true, out of all the Pinima I’ve had not one has refused prepared. The 13 I have now started on freeze dried krill then pellets a couple days later, they’re nothing like that of kelberi which takes the most time ime to pellet train.

imo they’re the most aggressive bass in the trade even at small sizes. second being orinos and tems. They’ll definitely outgrow the kels but the azuls should be able to keep up.

Nice! Look just like the 13 I picked up last month def get em
Probably wasn't wild caught then, that or it was already on prepared food when you first got it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store