Piranha tank set up advice.

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hi I am thinking of setting up a Piranha tank. The tank is 58in X 22in X 22in inside measurements. I am running an Eheim XL 1200 and a FX6 for filtration. I would like to house a dozen exodon and one Piranha. Is this realistic? If so what suggestions would you have for the Piranha? Also my pH is on the high side at 7.6 is that a problem for Piranha. I just want to get the best knowledge before I begin. If I would be better with a shoal of one species? If so what suggestions would you have. I live close to a dealer that has some real nice fish. Thank you.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi I am thinking of setting up a Piranha tank. The tank is 58in X 22in X 22in inside measurements. I am running an Eheim XL 1200 and a FX6 for filtration. I would like to house a dozen exodon and one Piranha. Is this realistic? If so what suggestions would you have for the Piranha? Also my pH is on the high side at 7.6 is that a problem for Piranha. I just want to get the best knowledge before I begin. If I would be better with a shoal of one species? If so what suggestions would you have. I live close to a dealer that has some real nice fish. Thank you.
A group of Exodons but no piranha.

Reactions: dr exum

Thepiranhaguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2019
England, UK
www.instagram.com
Obviously I’m late to this one but tank size and filtration all perfectly fine for a solo piranha and some smaller fish..depending on size, juvenile Pygos would also work in such a tank if you fancy a few Pygos together. You would need to consider a larger set up as they grow though ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store