Please doublecheck my plan to move my 125 gallon to the other side of the house

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Hello friends,

So Im moving my 125, right now only two fish in it, an 8 inch black ghost knife and a two inch convict.

Im running one big sponge filter and two hangonbacks, both marineland 400.

Plan is to put the sponge filter driftwood and fish in a 50 gallon tote and to attach both HOBs to it, and to keep the fish in there as well. Of course all the filters will be running the whole time.

Then Im going to empty out the tank, move it, fill it 3/4 way with primed water and attach the HOBs. Then add the driftwood, and then transfer the water from the tote back into the tank with he fish (separately and carefully, not all at once lol). Then put the sponge filter back in, and I think Im done. Just in case have seachem stability if needed, but Im thinking oing it this way should be pretty failsafe but I thought Id run it by you guys just to make sure I didnt miss something.

What do you guys think? Anything I missed, suggestions?

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
You'll be completely fine. Doing a lot more work than I would. Unless you are forced to lift the tank to move it across the house I would just drain it 80-90%, slide it on over, and fill her back up.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
You'll be completely fine. Doing a lot more work than I would. Unless you are forced to lift the tank to move it across the house I would just drain it 80-90%, slide it on over, and fill her back up.
Thanks, in all my years of fishkeeping I never actually moved a big tank, they always stayed where they were set up. It is going across the house so I will drain it all the way.

Im looking forward to setting it up more to my liking this time. Thanks :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store