Please Help me ID This Disease!!

Alurai

Feeder Fish
Dec 2, 2008
Augusta, GA
About 5 days ago, I noticed some frayed edges on one of my pearlscale's back fins, along with a small red patch just next to the edge. I figured it was fin rot, so I quarantined him, added salt (1/2 tsp per gallon), and started him on Maraycn-Two. He's almost done with the antibiotic treatment, but he looks way worse now. :( He has red streaks in his fin and it's still frayed, and now there are red patches all over his body. It looks like there's a whitish slime coating growing over the patches too... Does anyone know what this could be?? He's still swimming and eating okay, but it looks like his breathing is a little quicker than normal. I've been reading for hours over the past few days trying to find an answer, but I haven't found anything definite yet. If it was something like fin rot or bacterial septicemia, shouldn't it be getting better with the antibiotic?

I checked these levels in his quarantine tank today:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ph: 7.0

My display tank has been up for about 4 months now, and it's fully cycled. I do a 25% water change just about every week (sometimes it gets pushed to 2).

Please help... I'm really attached to this little guy. :*(

Poops-Side.JPG

Poops-Top.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store