Please help! My arowana swallowed suction cup of filter.

davidsalata

Feeder Fish
May 10, 2019
Last night a loose suction cup fell off from my filter. My 12" arowana quickly grabbed and swallowed it before I could stop him and remove it. I tried putting Epsom salts into his mouth but he hasn't vomited it back out. I do not know what to do. I have seen him grow since a baby and now I feel helpless. Please help me out here.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Take it to the vet is the best option. Other option is get some clove oil in a bucket and sedate the fish and remove with long forceps. Then place back into a bucket of tankwater to revive from the clove oil.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Seems like this happens fairly often as I am starting to see this subject almost weekly.
Ron has more experience that I do. On everything fish related. But on all these posts I don't think I have ever heard of a successful remedy other than waiting.
Yes I guess a fish vet could do something. A recent posters arowana finally coughed it up after about 3 days.
Take it all with a grain of salt. Just post'n what I'm see'n.

Reactions: islandguy11

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
Don't worry.

There was a post about this exact same occurrence earlier this year and it spit it back out on its own after a few days.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store