PLEASE HELP! Wtf is this and how do i treat it?!

Aquatic.Predator.Keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2019
Florida
SmartSelect_20190927-151550_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20190927-151630_Chrome.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but I had to screen-cap off the video I put in my work group chat...

It's only started a day ago and has progressively gotten worse. Ive looked up nearly everything I possibly could on what it could be, but because her symptoms dont all fit into one specific disease description, Im stuck somewhere between calling it a cotton-fungus type disease, velvet, and/or something with body slime disease. Today is when the white tufts started to show up on her fins and face, but it began with white hazy splotches all over her body that looked like they could slough off.

I just treated her tank with copper-aid, paraguard, and melafix. However, I dont even know if its bacterial or fungal. I've already lost 2 severums to this, and seriously cant loose more! Please help!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like lymphocystis a bit. Did the fish that develop sores/wounds on the body?

Aquatic.Predator.Keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2019
Florida
Looks like lymphocystis a bit. Did the fish that develop sores/wounds on the body?
No, actually. She has no sores or open wounds or anything. It's like her body has a white haze all over. Shes not behaving any different or anything. Im so frustrated!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
keep in mind very broad spectrum so watch your water perams, can put you in a mini cycle.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
you mean high nitrate?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
knowing water perams could help along with water change schedule and what your perams have been running.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store