MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi, Wannted to ask for help with this pleco.. he isnt eating for the past week.. hes acting normal but he dosent eat and dosent poop.
He was iמ a 700L tank with a 4 iridiscent shark a parrot. 2 external filtre doing 4500L/H temp is 27C
after he stopped eating i moved him to a 100L tank with internal filter and oxygen
he dosent show interest in normal pleco food nor vegtebls
i dont see any external signs except a loos of coloration.
ive already treat him with praziquantel and levamisole.
please help. thank you

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Do you know which pleco species it is? That may be useful to know.

Reactions: Niki_up

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
Have used garlic guard soaked algae wafers in the past to spur appetite. Also have soak various vegetables in it as well to help new arrivals start the eating process.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Only a week? Do you have pics? After such a short time I'd expect he'd still be settling in, wouldn't be used to what kind of food you're feeding him, probably just grazing when you're not looking.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Only a week? Do you have pics? After such a short time I'd expect he'd still be settling in, wouldn't be used to what kind of food you're feeding him, probably just grazing when you're not looking.
Agree
Many Pleco's will eat at night depending on aggressiveness of feedingBCDA6F2E-9657-4A2D-A48A-FAA516642B43_1_201_a.jpeg tank mates.
Another thing to consider, do you have any waterlogged wood in the tank.
Places eat it, in theory, to provide their intestinal tracts the type bacteria needed to properly digest certain foods.
And as someone above eluded to, some species are also more carnivorous than others requiring meat in their diet.
I feed my wild caught Panamanian Pleco chucks of fish flesh.

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
The Common pleco, (( Hypostomus plecostomus ))? Would agree with Duanes on this. Could also be potential stress, what size is it in comparison to the other fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store