Pleco with Fahaka?

Morticia

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2016
I have a Fahaka who will be a year old in November. He's still close to 6in. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with plecos? A friend of mine is rehoming a 9in pleco and I have been fighting a battle with algae since my home has an abundance of natural light. Anyone try this before? I tried a tetra in his tank once and he hunted it so I took it out. With the size of this fish if it doesn't work I'm going to have to start a 55 gallon just for this guy. Which I have a spare 55 so no worries if that happens. Just would be nice to know if anyone else has tried.

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
He may take a few test bites and from there you can monitor it and see what happens... I always found very seditary fish more likely to get bitten.. but it really depends on your fahaka.

Morticia

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks guys. I decided against the experiment. Mainly due to the poop the pleco will produce. I don't need anything else messy in the tank. But my fahaka majora has been super aggressive since day one so it wouldn't be worth risking another fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store