Plywood aquarium size

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I am guessing it would be about $6000 a year to feed that tank (full grown fish) on a healthy diet, unless you're breeding food.
I spend $400 a year just to feed one medium Oscar.

View attachment 1389999
400usd aint that much a year. I spend about 200-300usd a month on food for all my fish.

Reactions: Ulu

Tat2_yo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Not to rain on your parade, but like mentioned that combo will most likely end badly. I would recommend multiple aquariums if you plan on keeping any of them long term. The only reason it has worked out so far is that they are only juveniles. When they start to mature you will have a war zone on your hands.
Well should I build the plywood aquarium for the ones that get very big and put the others in my 220

Tat2_yo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
I would not mix in bay snook eith all those fish. Petenia splendida is and timid cichlid IME and only stands it ground when breeding. I know this becausr i have a group of five snooks.
Ok thanks I'll pass on the snook or just put it in another tank.... I have multiple big tanks just was trying to see if I can house them all together if I build something big enough

Tat2_yo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
T Tat2_yo We don't want to be mean spirited. :welcome:

But it really is a big deal, unless you are prepared for the heartbreak of seeing your fish all scarred up with split fins and missing scales and blind eyes. Then the most wounded one will become lunch.

Look deep inside yourself and ask "Why do I want this?"

The answer will not be "For the fish."

When the welfare of the fish comes before basic desires, you will find success.

:thumbsup:
Well I dont want the fish destroy one another. I have multiple large aquarium's that are not setup.... I was just trying to house them all in something big enough and get rid of the other tanks, so I guess I'll be keeping them..... I have two 125gal, 220gal, 75gal and a 55gal bowfront.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Well I dont want the fish destroy one another. I have multiple large aquarium's that are not setup.... I was just trying to house them all in something big enough and get rid of the other tanks, so I guess I'll be keeping them..... I have two 125gal, 220gal, 75gal and a 55gal bowfront.
The snooks by them self will eventually need an 220gal tank as they have potential to grow to 50-60cm and are quite active cichlids. Ive got my group in a commtank with oscars datnioids clownloaches and a small cichla kelberi im growing out an they work fine there but when they start their breeding rituals they can become quite hotheaded and aggro.

Tat2_yo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
The snooks by them self will eventually need an 220gal tank as they have potential to grow to 50-60cm and are quite active cichlids. Ive got my group in a commtank with oscars datnioids clownloaches and a small cichla kelberi im growing out an they work fine there but when they start their breeding rituals they can become quite hotheaded and aggro.
Ok I'm thinking of getting the snook and also my son saw a amphilophus chanco at my lfs, do you think if i get them they'll be ok in the 220

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Ok I'm thinking of getting the snook and also my son saw a amphilophus chanco at my lfs, do you think if i get them they'll be ok in the 220
You must be kidding me? Yeah you can mix them if you want the snook to fade away due to stress from the amph.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
400usd aint that much a year. I spend about 200-300usd a month on food for all my fish.
I don't spend $200 a month, but I'm feeding a fry tank and 40 other fish in 4 other tanks.
Felix the Oscar is my favorite monsterfish. ;)

Snooks and Bichers and spotty Bass are probably above my pay grade.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I don't spend $200 a month, but I'm feeding a fry tank and 40 other fish in 4 other tanks.
Felix the Oscar is my favorite monsterfish. ;)

Snooks and Bichers and spotty Bass are probably above my pay grade.
my rays eat pellets for about 70-100 usd a month then i feed frozen on top of that. Then ive got another around 100-120 fishes to feed?? my wallet hates my fish same goes with wifey.

• Haha
Reactions: Ulu

Tat2_yo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
You must be kidding me? Yeah you can mix them if you want the snook to fade away due to stress from the amph.
Well I'm just going to build a indoor pond something like the king of DIY did on YouTube, put the snook in the 220 and setup one of the 120 for my son to get the chanco, looks like imma be setting up all the tanks to be on the save side.Thanks for the info about the chanco, I dont really know anything about it only that it's in the same family as the red devil. The people at the my lfs didn't know that, they dont really know **** that's why I reached out to you guys on here

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store